Monday, June 19, 2006

Best Father's Day Yet

Yesterday was father’s Day, and by all counts it was a really good day. It didn’t even have to be Father’s Day I suppose, but it didn’t hurt.

I slept until 9:30, had some coffee, and began working in the yard. I like working outside, it was pretty hot, but it didn’t bother me at all; I even set up a ‘water park’ for the kids to enjoy while I sawed, drilled, and nailed my way to a new gate. The kids had fun too – under a shade canopy, lawn sprinkler spraying, kiddy pool filled, and sand table all within reach.

Lunch was kinda special, we decided I’d steam some littleneck clams. So with some lemon, butter, garlic, parsley, thyme, pepper, lemon juice, a halved lime, and Chardonnay I cooked up 50 delicious little bi-valve treats and even had some Chardonnay to spare to enjoy with my meal. Lori had picked up some long French bread, so after filling up on bread soaked in the remaining liquid I headed back out to re-start the water park and finish the day’s gate project. We live near an air station that was hosting the Blue Angels so the boom of jets overhead and the “Happy Father’s Day” skywriting was also nice to go back to work to.

Later dinner’s main entrée was a steak grilled to rare coated with blue cheese and cracked black pepper. Nothing better.

So I managed to get some work done, cook two good meals, and do a little relaxing while having fun with the wife and kids – not too shabby for a 92 degree Sunday. I imagine I could do the same every weekend and be quite satisfied with my summer. I’ll get back to you on that in September.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home